Thursday, February 26, 2009

Composting!

On Wednesday, the weather was beautiful! Ginny and I were able to get out of the house and do some work in the the garden and start our compost bin. Ginny loved making the newspaper into shreds! While we were doing it, she learned what to and what not to put in the bin. She even found a worm for me!After we did the compost bin, I had some trees that I had cut down and pulled out of the ground just lying around the yard waiting to be put on the street to be hauled away...I had an idea...I am going to be planting peas and beans and they need trellesses to climb. I have saved myself some money now because I have stripped those trees of their dead foilage and I'm going to put them inot the garden as the trellesses! I'm excited!

Thursday, before it rains I'm going to get out and plant these lettuce seeds...Spring is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers