Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Family Blog...


Well, we've decided since our family and friends are so far away from us, we'd set up a blog to let everyone know what's going on in our Funtastic life!

The weather here has been icy cold! We haven't had much snow at all when the rest of the country has gotten pounded but the windchills have certainly reminded us that even without snow or ice, Jack Frost is still here!

Today however, it is nice...it makes us want the springtime so bad...even if it does come with the threat of being carried away to the land of Oz! Hey, we are just 30 minutes from the border of Kansas!

We're loving it here. We're hoping soon we can buy a piece of land and start our little Hobby Farm that we've (I've) been talking about!

Ginny turns the big 4 tomorrow! We all know what that means...trip to Dairy Queen where the birthday girl gets to pick what ever she wants on the menu and we just get a lousy cone while we watch her eat to her hearts content! Saturday we'll have a birthday party for her at Pizza Hut where the theme will be "M&M's" and there won't be a cake...but a giant M&M cookie!

Savannah and Hyrum are going on their 100th day of school in about two weeks! It's hard to believe that my kindergardener is almost a 1st grader and my 3rd grader almost in 4th! They grow up so fast!

We'll be signing Hyrum up for baseball soon and that means Rodeo time again! I can't wait! I plan on attending more this year...and not to mention we get in free in Fort Scott at the College where Ian works!

Our church callings are going good...I only have 1 and it's one that I do truly enjoy...Young Women! Ian's got 5 callings currently...they're planning on releasing him from at least 2...but for now he's the Boy Scout Assistant Leader, Family Search teacher, Elders Quorum 2nd councelor, Cub Scout Master, and Sunday School teacher for the 12-13 year olds! Crazy!

I'm excited about this blog...let's see how long I can keep it up faithfully! That's one of my goals for 2009, to be better organized and stick with things! LOL! We'll see if I can stick with that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers